Publication Date: July 2009 ISBN-10: 143380560X ISBN-13 :978-1433805608 | version: 6 the SPI
The APA style TheConcise rules, Sixth Edition offers essential writing and formatting standards for students, teachers, researchers and clinicians in the social and behavioral sciences. This easy-to-use pocket guide, American Psychological Association thePublication manual “the sixth edition of the compilation, provides complete guidance rules of style, clear communication is essential. Readers will learn how to avoid syntax errors, the most common of the journal Editing how to choose the appropriate format for statistics, graphics and tables, how to credit sources and avoid charges of plagiarism, and how to build a list of references, embodiment and through a wide variety of sources.
In addition to the challenges syntax point of the writers in the social sciences guidance, theConcise Rulesprovides recommendations, to reduce biased language; mechanism for reviewing the style of punctuation, spelling, capitalization, abbreviation, italic, title and quote; checks also preferred to use digital decimal and statistical standards; construction and format tables, figures, and appendix provides guidance, and provide a clear example and model quoted sources and construction of error-free list of references.
How thePublication manual of the American Psychological Association theConcise Rulesdiffer it? Broad background ThePublication Manualremains Information Science published the best source. Published in professional ethics, magazine articles and reporting standards, periodical publishing process, provides detailed guidance. TheConcise rules, by comparison, only those writers need to select the most suitable for their article text and formatting rules. It provides a complete list of the basic writing standards in a convenient, easily retrievable format.
Light weight, combined with a spiral format, theConcise Ruleswill travel easily from home to the school office. Who is serious about communicating clearly and effectively for all social science scholars, it will be a valuable reference tool.
This updated and expanded version key APA style website, to provide additional resources to help the reader understand the APA style, including free tutorials and online courses, frequently asked questions, Sample Papers, APA Style blog.
The sixth edition ofConcise Ruleshas of revised and updated, including
• simplified APA heading styles, making it more conducive to electronic publications;
• Update reduce prejudice language to reflect current practices and preferences, including a new history by the current standard is not appropriate language, and presents some of the guidelines;
• New guidelines report inferential statistics and significantly modify the table statistics abbreviation;
• A new discussion online supplementary material, including lengthy data sets and other media published articles to enrich;
• significantly expanded the content on the electronic display the data, to assist the reader in understanding the purpose of a display and to select the best matches the communication findings, the various data displays, with the new examples include electrical physiological and biological data;
• expanded discussion of electronic sources, emphasizing the role of the information of the digital object identifier (DOI) as a reliable way to find;
• a rich new reference example, to focus on the new electronic format.
New and experienced readers will find written in the sixth edition of the clarity and precision of a resource.