Publication Date: July 1, 2011 ISBN-10: 0,199,757,534 ISBN-13 :978-0199757534 Edition: 5
The vibrant colors in the very successful introduction of the entire Bart D. Ehrman, fifth edition close to the New Testament has been the historical and comparative perspective, emphasizing the rich diversity of the earliest Christian literature. This study is unique in Greece – history, literature, and religion of the Roman world development space, including the unique focus of early Judaism. Due to the orientation of a part of its history, this book also discusses other Christian writings, the roughly contemporary New Testament of the Bible, such as the Gospel of Thomas, the Apocalypse of Peter, and the letters of Ignatius.
* A unique, engaging writing style, vivid life brought a New Testament story
* Describe a variety of methods and models to the study of ancient literature
* Timeline, illustrations, maps, and more than 100 photos, including three photo sets
* The five types of text boxes: “what to expect”, “glance”, “another glimpse of the past”, “You think so?” And “the position taken
* Extensive glossary of key terms in bold type the first time they are used in each chapter
* Updated teacher’s manual CD contains media resources section, chapter summaries, key terms, teaching suggestions, PowerPoint lecture outlines, articles, and multiple-choice test banks (excluding books, available separately)
* Updated supporting website at www.oup.com / us / Ehrman LLP, to provide students with the Media Resource section summarizes interactive multi-choice self-quizzes, reading guides, flash cards, maps, and time lines link
* Free 6 month subscription Oxford Biblical Studies Online (www.oxfordbiblicalstudies.com) – worth $ 180 – to buy a new copy of this text. 800.280.0280 For more information, please contact your sales representative for Oxford University Press.
This new version:
* Research, it appears at the beginning of this book completely redesigned Chapter (2)
* The position taken by the box are synthetic materials, designed to help students in every chapter
* Expanded bibliography featuring the most advanced and up-to-date research
* New box, “Jesus and the shooting of the adulterous woman,” a sign of the end, “and” The Laughing Jesus ”